Personal data and personal information
Personal Data is information that does or may identify you.
You do not have to share your Personal Data with us, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our products and services or answer any enquiry you may have.
We may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources. These include:
Personal data you provide to us directly
This will include:
- Shopping history: we may collect personal information about the items you viewed or clicked to purchase
- Contact information: when you subscribe to receive one of our newsletters or information about our products, offers and promotions
- When you complete a survey or to enter one of our competitions
- When you submit an enquiry through our contact us page or contact our consumer care team
- Social media information: we may collect personal information you post on any social media account operated by us. This may include your social media profile and any information posted on your page.
Some of the Personal Data we collect may be sensitive information. We will only collect this information with your explicit consent.
Information collected automatically
This helps us ensure that we deliver relevant content to you and to better understand what is of genuine interest to you.
We engage in interest-based advertising to deliver online advertising that may be more relevant to your interests. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services to collect information about your use of our websites over time so that they may play or display ads on our website, on other websites, apps, or services you may use and on other devices you may use.
Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third party advertising partners to help identify you across devices or serve you ads on social media sites you may use. We and our third party partners use this information to make advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
You may be able to opt-out or limit interest-based advertising by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Personal data from other sources
Additionally, we receive information about you and other visitors’ interactions with our advertising to measure whether our advertising is relevant and successful. We also collect information about you and your activities from a third party when we jointly offer services or products.
Children under 13
Our website is intended for use by people over 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 through our website. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. Please contact us at: email@example.com.
How we use your personal data
We only collect, process and disclose your Personal Data for specific and limited purposes. These include:
- To administer any order you have placed with us
- To administer any competition that you may have entered
- To send you brand newsletters
- To provide you with information about brand products and offers that we believe will be on genuine interest to you
- To direct you to content within our site that we think is relevant to you
- To provide tailored product recommendations and targeted advertising based on what you have shared with us
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features, survey or quizzes on our site
- To share with associate brands where they offer services or products we think may be of interest to you
- To answer any enquiry you may send to us
- To authenticate that we are talking to the right person should we need to get in touch with you
- To help us to understand and react to the changing interests and needs of our consumers so that we can improve our websites and our products
Where required, we will obtain your consent to process your Personal Data. Where you have given consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please see below.
How we share your personal data
We do not sell your Personal Data to any third party.
We share your Personal Data internally within SLG and with selected third parties in the following circumstances:
- To courier and logistics providers who ship products you may have ordered, or to ship samples or prizes
- With payment processors who administer secure payment options
- With parties who host and process Personal Data on our behalf in accordance always with applicable laws and regulations
- To partners with whom we collaborate on competitions and events
- With other businesses within the SLG group of companies
As otherwise set out in this policy.
How we protect your personal data
We take the security of your Personal Data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your Personal Data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your Personal Data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third parties.
Storage of information
Personal Data will or may be transferred and stored outside of the United States. You understand and agree that we may transfer your Personal Data to the United Kingdom.
State specific disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of Personal Data about residents of certain states.
If you are a resident of California or Nevada and wish to know more about the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you wish to contact us about your Personal Data, including where you wish to withdraw consent or restrict certain processing activities, please email: email@example.com .